As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Agency" means a unit of state government, which is an authority, board, commission, committee, council, department, examining board, or independent agency as defined in section 7E.4, including but not limited to each principal central department enumerated in section 7E.5. However, "agency" does not mean any of the following:
a. The office of the governor or the office of an elective constitutional or statutory officer.
b. The general assembly, or any office or unit under its administrative authority.
c. The judicial branch, as provided in section 602.1102.
d. A political subdivision of the state or its offices or units, including but not limited to a county, city, or community college.
2. "Director" means the director of the information technology department appointed as provided in section 14B.104.
3. "Governmental entity" means any unit of government in the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of government; an agency or political subdivision; any unit of another state government, including its political subdivisions; or any unit of the United States government.
4. "Information technology" means computing and electronics applications used to process and distribute information in digital and other forms and includes information technology devices and information technology services.
5. "Information technology council" means the information technology council established in section 14B.105.
6. "Information technology device" means equipment or associated software, including programs, languages, procedures, or associated documentation, used in operating the equipment which is designed for utilizing information stored in an electronic format. "Information technology device" includes but is not limited to computer systems, computer networks, and equipment used for input, output, processing, storage, display, scanning, and printing.
7. "Information technology services" means services designed to do any of the following:
a. Provide functions, maintenance, and support of information technology devices.
b. Provide services including, but not limited to, any of the following:
(1) Computer systems application development and maintenance.
(2) Systems integration and interoperability.
(3) Operating systems maintenance and design.
(4) Computer systems programming.
(5) Computer systems software support.
(6) Planning and security relating to information technology devices.
(7) Data management consultation.
(8) Information technology education and consulting.
(9) Information technology planning and standards.
(10) Establishment of local area network and workstation management standards.
8. "Participating agency" means any agency other than any of the following:
a. The state board of regents and institutions operated under the authority of the state board of regents.
b. The public broadcasting division of the department of education.
c. The state department of transportation mobile radio network.
d. The department of public safety law enforcement communications systems.
e. The Iowa telecommunications and technology commission established in section 8D.3, with respect to information technology that is unique to the Iowa communications network.
9. "Public records" means the same as defined in section 22.1.
10. "Value-added services" means government information which requires special sorts or formatting, or other action to provide such information, or to provide access to government information which is responsive to special requests for multiple government records in customized formats.
2000 Acts, ch 1141, §2, 19; 2001 Acts, ch 24, §10
Previous Section 14A.2
Next Section 14B.102
© 2002 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Jan 24 10:51:05 CST 2002