1. Upon application, the commission shall license the licensee of a pari-mutuel dog or horse racetrack to operate gambling games at a pari-mutuel racetrack enclosure subject to the provisions of this chapter and rules adopted pursuant to this chapter relating to gambling except as otherwise provided in this section.
2. A license to operate gambling games shall be issued only to a licensee holding a valid license to conduct pari- mutuel dog or horse racing pursuant to chapter 99D on January 1, 1994.
3. A person holding a valid license pursuant to chapter 99D to conduct pari-mutuel wagering at a dog or horse racetrack is exempt from further investigation and examination for licensing to operate a gambling game pursuant to this chapter. However, the commission may order future investigations or examinations as the commission finds appropriate.
4. The fee imposed in section 99D.14, subsection 2, shall be collected for admission to a racetrack enclosure where gambling games are licensed to operate in lieu of the admission fee imposed in section 99F.10.
5. In lieu of the annual license fee specified in section 99F.5, the annual license fee for operating gambling games at a pari-mutuel racetrack shall be one thousand dollars.
6. The adjusted gross receipts received from gambling games shall be taxed at the same rates and the proceeds distributed in the same manner as provided in section 99F.11.
7. A licensee shall keep its books and records regarding the operation of gambling games in compliance with section 99F.12, as applicable.
8. A licensee shall pay a fee in an amount representing eighty percent of the salary costs of the division of criminal investigation of the department of public safety for enforcement of this chapter.
94 Acts, ch 1021, §13; 2000 Acts, ch 1229, §19
Referred to in § 99F.4, 99F.6
Previous Section 99F.4
Next Section 99F.4B
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001