No person under eighteen years of age shall be employed or permitted to work with or without compensation at any of the following occupations or business establishments:
1. Occupations in or about plants or establishments manufacturing or storing explosives or articles containing explosive components.
2. Occupations of motor vehicle driver and helper.
3. Logging occupations and occupations in the operation of any sawmill, lath mill, shingle mill, or cooperage-stock mill.
4. Occupations involved in the operation of power-driven woodworking machines.
5. Occupations involving exposure to radioactive substances and to ionizing radiations.
6. Occupations involved in the operation of elevators and other power-driven hoisting apparatus.
7. Occupations involved in the operation of power-driven metal forming, punching, and shearing machines.
8. Occupations in connection with mining.
9. Occupations in or about slaughtering and meat packing establishments and rendering plants.
10. Occupations involved in the operation of certain power-driven bakery machines.
11. Occupations involved in the operation of certain power-driven paper products machines.
12. Occupations involved in the manufacture of brick, tile and related products.
13. Occupations involved in the operation of circular saws, band saws and guillotine shears.
14. Occupations involved in wrecking, demolition and shipbreaking operations.
15. Occupations involved in roofing operations.
16. Excavation occupations.
17. In or about foundries; provided that office, shipping, and assembly area employment shall not be prohibited by this chapter.
18. Occupations involving the operation of laundry, dry cleaning, or dyeing machinery.
19. Occupations involving exposure to lead fumes or its compounds, or to dangerous or poisonous dyes or chemicals.
20. Occupations involving the transmission, distribution, or delivery of goods or messages between the hours of ten o'clock p.m. and five o'clock a.m.
21. Occupations prohibited by rules adopted pursuant to chapter 17A by the labor commissioner.
[SS15, § 2744-a, -b, -c; C24, 27, 31, 35, 39, § 1526, 1529, 1536, 1539; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, § 92.1, 92.4, 92.11, 92.14; C71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 92.8]
86 Acts, ch 1245, § 924
Referred to in § 92.9
Previous Section 92.7
Next Section 92.9
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001