The director employed by the district board under section 905.4, subsection 2, shall be qualified in the administration of correctional programs. The director shall:
1. Perform the duties and have the responsibilities delegated by the district board or specified by the Iowa department of corrections pursuant to this chapter.
2. Manage the district department's community-based correctional program, in accordance with the policies of the district board and the Iowa department of corrections.
3. Employ, with approval of the district board, and supervise the employees of the district department.
4. Prepare all budgets and fiscal documents, and certify for payment all expenses and payrolls lawfully incurred by the district department. The director may invest funds which are not needed for current expenses, jointly with one or more cities, city utilities, counties, or rural water districts created under chapter 357A pursuant to a joint investment agreement. All investment of funds shall be subject to sections 12B.10 and 12B.10A and other applicable law.
5. Act as secretary to the district board, prepare its agenda and record its proceedings. The district shall provide a copy of minutes from each meeting of the district board to the legislative fiscal bureau.
6. Develop and submit to the district board a plan for the establishment, implementation, and operation of a community-based correctional program in that judicial district, which program conforms to the guidelines drawn up by the Iowa department of corrections under this chapter and which conform to rules, policies, and procedures pertaining to the supervision of parole and work release adopted by the director of the Iowa department of corrections concerning the community-based correctional program.
7. Negotiate and, upon approval by the district board, implement contracts or other arrangements for utilization of local treatment and service resources authorized by section 905.4, subsection 9.
8. Administer the batterers' treatment program for domestic abuse offenders required in section 708.2B.
[C79, 81, § 905.6; 81 Acts, ch 207, § 4]
83 Acts, ch 96, § 137, 159; 88 Acts, ch 1084, §3; 91 Acts, ch 218, §29; 91 Acts, ch 267, §421; 95 Acts, ch 77, §7
Referred to in § 905.4
Previous Section 905.5
Next Section 905.7
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001