1. The labor commissioner, appointed pursuant to section 91.2, and the division of labor services of the department of workforce development created in section 84A.1 shall administer this chapter.
2. The necessary legal authority and qualified personnel shall be provided for the administration and enforcement of this chapter and such standards adopted pursuant to this chapter.
3. Personnel administering the chapter shall be employed pursuant to chapter 19A.
4. Subject to the approval of the director of the department of workforce development, the labor commissioner may enter into contracts with any state agency, with or without reimbursement, for the purpose of obtaining the services, facilities, and personnel of the agency, and with the consent of any state agency or any political subdivision of the state, accept and use the services, facilities, and personnel of the agency or political subdivision, and employ experts and consultants or organizations, in order to expeditiously, efficiently, and economically effectuate the purposes of this chapter. The agreements under this subsection are subject to approval of the executive council if approval is required by law.
5. The commissioner, the governor, and the director of management may obtain and accept federal grants to the state to be used in connection with the funds appropriated for the administration of this chapter and federal funds available to the division.
[SS15, § 4999-a5; C24, 27, 31, 35, 39, § 1482; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, § 88.1; C73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 88.2]
86 Acts, ch 1244, § 14; 86 Acts, ch 1245, § 914; 96 Acts, ch 1186, §23
Previous Section 88.1
Next Section 88.3
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001