The commissioner shall:
1. Adopt and enforce rules necessary to implement this chapter and chapters 85, 85A, 85B, and 87.
2. Prepare and distribute the necessary blanks relating to computation, adjustment, and settlement of compensation.
3. Prepare and publish statistical reports and analyses regarding the cost, occurrence, and sources of employment injuries.
4. Administer oaths and examine books and records of parties subject to the workers' compensation laws.
5. Provide a seal for the authentication of orders and records and for other purposes as required.
Subject to the approval of the director of the department of workforce development, the commissioner may enter into contracts with any state agency, with or without reimbursement, for the purpose of obtaining the services, facilities, and personnel of the agency and with the consent of any state agency or political subdivision of the state, accept and use the services, facilities, and personnel of the agency or political subdivision, and employ experts and consultants or organizations in order to expeditiously, efficiently, and economically effectuate the purposes of this chapter. The agreements under this paragraph are subject to approval by the executive council if approval is required by law.
[S13, § 2477-m24; C24, 27, 31, 35, 39, § 1431; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 86.8]
86 Acts, ch 1245, § 911; 96 Acts, ch 1186, §23
Previous Section 86.7
Next Section 86.9
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001