633.4502  Breach of trust--actions.

To remedy a breach of trust which has occurred or may occur, a beneficiary or cotrustee of the trust may request the court to do any of the following:

1.  Compel the trustee to perform the trustee's duties.

2.  Enjoin the trustee from committing a breach of trust.

3.  Compel the trustee to redress a breach of trust by payment of money or otherwise.

4.  Appoint a receiver or temporary trustee to take possession of the trust property and administer the trust.

5.  Remove the trustee.

6.  Reduce or deny compensation to the trustee.

7.  Subject to section 633.4603, nullify an act of the trustee, impose an equitable lien or a constructive trust on trust property, or trace trust property wrongfully disposed of and recover the property or its proceeds.

Section History: Recent form

  99 Acts, ch 125, §74, 109


  Section effective July 1, 2000; 99 Acts, ch 125, §109

Previous Section 633.4501

Next Section 633.4503

Return To Home index

© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa

Comments about this site or page? webmaster@legis.iowa.gov.
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.

Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001
URL: /DOCS/IACODE/2001/633/4502.html