For all judicial purposes except as provided in section 602.6109, the state is divided into eight judicial districts as follows:
1. The first district consists of the counties of Dubuque, Delaware, Clayton, Allamakee, Winneshiek, Chickasaw, Fayette, Buchanan, Black Hawk, Howard, and Grundy.
2. The second district consists of the counties of Mitchell, Floyd, Butler, Bremer, Worth, Winnebago, Hancock, Cerro Gordo, Franklin, Wright, Humboldt, Pocahontas, Sac, Calhoun, Webster, Hamilton, Carroll, Greene, Hardin, Marshall, Story, and Boone.
3. The third district consists of the counties of Kossuth, Emmet, Dickinson, Osceola, Lyon, O'Brien, Clay, Palo Alto, Cherokee, Buena Vista, Plymouth, Sioux, Woodbury, Ida, Monona, and Crawford.
4. The fourth district consists of the counties of Harrison, Shelby, Audubon, Pottawattamie, Cass, Mills, Montgomery, Fremont, and Page.
5. The fifth district consists of the counties of Guthrie, Dallas, Polk, Jasper, Madison, Warren, Marion, Adair, Adams, Union, Clarke, Lucas, Taylor, Ringgold, Decatur, and Wayne.
6. The sixth district consists of the counties of Tama, Benton, Linn, Jones, Iowa, and Johnson.
7. The seventh district consists of the counties of Jackson, Clinton, Cedar, Scott, and Muscatine.
8. The eighth district consists of the counties of Poweshiek, Mahaska, Keokuk, Washington, Monroe, Wapello, Jefferson, Appanoose, Davis, Van Buren, Louisa, Henry, Des Moines, and Lee.
83 Acts, ch 186, § 7107, 10201
Referred to in § 602.6109
Previous Section 602.6106
Next Section 602.6108
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001