1. The district judges within a judicial district, by majority vote, shall appoint a chief juvenile court officer and may remove the officer for cause.
2. The chief juvenile court officer is subject to the immediate supervision and direction of the chief judge of the judicial district.
3. The chief juvenile court officer, in addition to performing the duties of a juvenile court officer, shall supervise juvenile court officers and administer juvenile court services within the judicial district in accordance with law and with the rules, directives, and procedures of the judicial branch and the judicial district.
4. The chief juvenile court officer shall assist the state court administrator and the district court administrator in implementing rules, directives, and procedures of the judicial branch and the judicial district.
5. A chief juvenile court officer shall have other duties as prescribed by the supreme court or by the chief judge of the judicial district.
83 Acts, ch 186, § 1216, 10201; 98 Acts, ch 1047, §43
Referred to in § 232.2, 602.1101
Previous Section 602.1216
Next Section 602.1218
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001