1. Each domestic corporation, and each foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state, shall deliver to the secretary of state for filing a biennial report that sets forth all of the following:
a. The name of the corporation and the state or country under whose law it is incorporated.
b. The address of its registered office and the name of its registered agent at that office in this state, together with the consent of any new registered agent.
c. The address of its principal office.
d. The names and addresses of the president, secretary, treasurer, and one member of the board of directors.
2. Information in the biennial report must be current as of the first day of January of the year in which the report is due. The report shall be executed on behalf of the corporation and signed as provided in section 490.120 or by any other person authorized by the board of directors of the corporation.
3. The first biennial report shall be delivered to the secretary of state between January 1 and April 1 of the first even-numbered year following the calendar year in which a domestic corporation was incorporated or a foreign corporation was authorized to transact business. Subsequent biennial reports must be delivered to the secretary of state between January 1 and April 1 of the following even- numbered calendar years. A filing fee for the biennial report shall be determined by the secretary of state. For purposes of this section, each biennial report shall contain information related to the two-year period immediately preceding the calendar year in which the report is filed.
4. If a biennial report does not contain the information required by this section, the secretary of state shall promptly notify the reporting domestic or foreign corporation in writing and return the report to it for correction.
5. The secretary of state may provide for the change of registered office or registered agent on the form prescribed by the secretary of state for the biennial report, provided that the form contains the information required in section 490.502 or 490.1508. If the secretary of state determines that a biennial report does not contain the information required by this section but otherwise meets the requirements of section 490.502 or 490.1508 for the purpose of changing the registered office or registered agent, the secretary of state shall file the statement of change of registered office or registered agent, effective as provided in section 490.123, before returning the biennial report to the corporation as provided in this section. A statement of change of registered office or agent pursuant to this subsection shall be executed by a person authorized to execute the biennial report.
89 Acts, ch 288, §181; 96 Acts, ch 1170, § 20, 21; 97 Acts, ch 171, § 20
Referred to in § 490.120, 490.125, 490.128, 490.502, 490.1420, 490.1508, 490.1530, 490.1601
Previous Section 490.1621
Next Section 490.1701
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001