The board shall impose an annual assessment to fund the programs upon all telephone utilities providing service in the state as follows:
1. The total assessment shall be allocated one-half to local exchange telephone utilities and one-half to the following telephone utilities:
a. Interexchange carriers.
b. Centralized equal access providers.
c. Alternative operator services companies.
2. The assessment shall be levied upon revenues from all intrastate regulated, deregulated, and exempt telephone services under sections 476.1 and 476.1D.
3. The telephone utilities shall remit the assessed amounts quarterly to a special fund, as defined under section 8.2, subsection 9. The moneys in the fund are appropriated solely to plan, establish, administer, and promote the relay service and equipment distribution programs.
4. The telephone utilities subject to assessment shall provide the information requested by the board necessary for implementation of the assessment.
5. The local exchange telephone utilities shall not recover from intrastate access charges any portion of such utilities assessment imposed under this section.
91 Acts, ch 194, § 7; 92 Acts, ch 1163, § 99
Referred to in § 476.101, 477C.5
Previous Section 477C.6
Next Section 478.1
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001