As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Board" means the utilities board within the department of commerce created in section 474.1.
2. "Communication impairment" means the inability to use the telephone for communication without a telecommunications device for the deaf.
3. "Council" means the dual party relay council established in section 477C.5.
4. "Dual party relay service" or "relay service" means a communication service which provides communication-impaired persons access to the telephone system functionally equivalent to the access available to persons not communication-impaired.
5. "Telecommunications device for the deaf" means any specialized or supplemental telephone equipment used by communication-impaired persons to provide access to the telephone system.
91 Acts, ch 194, §2
Previous Section 477C.1
Next Section 477C.3
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001