The director of the department of revenue and finance is limited in authorizing the payment of claims, as follows:
1. a. Funding limit. A claim shall not be allowed by the department of revenue and finance if the appropriation or fund of certification available for paying the claim has been exhausted or proves insufficient.
b. The authority of the director is subject to the following exceptions:
(1) Claims by state employees for benefits pursuant to chapters 85, 85A, and 86 are subject to limitations provided in those chapters.
(2) Claims for medical assistance payments authorized under chapter 249A are subject to the time limits imposed by rule adopted by the department.
(3) Claims approved by an agency according to the provisions of sections 25.1 and 25.2.
2. Convention expenses. Claims for expenses in attending conventions, meetings, conferences, or gatherings of members of an association or society organized and existing as a quasi-public association or society outside the state of Iowa shall not be allowed at public expense, unless authorized by the executive council; and claims for these expenses outside of the state shall not be allowed unless the voucher is accompanied by the portion of the minutes of the executive council, certified to by its secretary, showing that the expense was authorized by the council. This section does not apply to claims in favor of the governor, attorney general, utilities board members, or to trips referred to in sections 97B.4 and 217.20.
3. Payment from fees. No claims for per diem and expenses payable from fees shall be approved for payment in excess of those fees if the law provides that such expenditures are limited to the special funds collected and deposited in the state treasury.
86 Acts, ch 1245, § 431; 88 Acts, ch 1242, §61; 91 Acts, ch 158, §10; 96 Acts, ch 1075, § 3; 2000 Acts, ch 1232, §27, 28
Referred to in § 97B.4
Previous Section 421.37
Next Section 421.39
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001