The state of Iowa is hereby organized and divided into five congressional districts, which shall be composed, respectively, of the following counties:
1. The first district shall consist of the counties of Cedar, Clinton, Johnson, Jones, Linn, Louisa, Scott, and Muscatine.
2. The second district shall consist of the counties of Worth, Mitchell, Howard, Winneshiek, Allamakee, Cerro Gordo, Floyd, Chickasaw, Butler, Bremer, Fayette, Clayton, Grundy, Black Hawk, Buchanan, Delaware, Dubuque, Jackson, Tama, Benton, and Iowa.
3. The third district shall consist of the counties of Story, Marshall, Jasper, Poweshiek, Warren, Marion, Mahaska, Keokuk, Washington, Adams, Union, Clarke, Lucas, Monroe, Wapello, Jefferson, Henry, Des Moines, Lee, Van Buren, Davis, Appanoose, Wayne, Decatur, Ringgold, Taylor, and Page.
4. The fourth district shall consist of the counties of Harrison, Shelby, Audubon, Guthrie, Dallas, Polk, Pottawattamie, Cass, Adair, Madison, Mills, Montgomery, and Fremont.
5. The fifth district shall consist of the counties of Lyon, Osceola, Dickinson, Emmet, Kossuth, Winnebago, Hancock, Palo Alto, Clay, O'Brien, Sioux, Plymouth, Cherokee, Buena Vista, Pocahontas, Humboldt, Wright, Franklin, Hardin, Hamilton, Webster, Calhoun, Sac, Ida, Woodbury, Monona, Crawford, Carroll, Greene, and Boone.
[C27, 31, 35, § 526-a1; C39, § 526.1; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 40.1; 81 Acts 2d Ex, ch 1, § 1]
91 Acts, ch 223, §1
Constitutional provision, (codified) Art. III, § 37
Previous Section 39.25
Next Section 41.1
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001