1. Cities may assess the cost of a public improvement which extends through, abuts upon, or is adjacent to lands owned by the state, and the executive council shall pay the assessable portion of the cost of the improvement through or along the lands as provided. The executive council shall pay assessments as provided in section 307.45.
2. When a state park or institutional road abutting on or adjacent to state lands on one side of the road is improved by paving, the state shall pay one-half the total assessed cost of the portion of the improvement abutting, or adjacent to state lands, lots, or portions thereof, but for any other type of improvement so constructed and located, the state shall pay, as provided in section 307.45, the portion of the cost which would be assessable against state lands if they were privately owned.
3. When any portion of the cost of a public improvement is to be paid by the state under this section, the clerk shall, at the time of publication of the notice required by section 384.50, mail a copy of the notice to the secretary of the executive council.
4. Cities in which state buildings are located shall permit sewers for such buildings to be constructed through or under the streets of the city, and connections to be made to the sewer system of the city under the same regulations as for sewer connections to private property.
5. Subsections 1 and 3 of this section do not apply to lands under the jurisdiction and control of the department of transportation.
[C97, § 794; C24, 27, 31, 35, 39, § 5988; C46, § 391.15; C50, § 391.15, 391A.18; C54, 58, 62, § 391.15, 391A.21; C66, 71, 73, § 390A.22, 391.15, 391A.21; C75, 77, 79, 81, § 384.56]
86 Acts, ch 1241, § 11
Previous Section 384.55
Next Section 384.57
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001