The department may revoke, suspend, or refuse the license of a mobile home dealer, mobile home manufacturer, or mobile home distributor, as applicable, if the department finds that the mobile home dealer, manufacturer, or distributor is guilty of any of the following acts or offenses:
1. Fraud in procuring a license.
2. Knowingly making misleading, deceptive, untrue or fraudulent representations in the business of a mobile home dealer, manufacturer, or distributor or engaging in unethical conduct or practice harmful or detrimental to the public.
3. Conviction of a felony related to the business of a mobile home dealer, manufacturer, or distributor. A copy of the record of conviction or plea of guilty shall be sufficient evidence for the purposes of this section.
4. Failing upon the sale or transfer of a mobile home to deliver to the purchaser or transferee of the mobile home sold or transferred, a manufacturer's or importer's certificate, or a certificate of title duly assigned, as provided in chapter 321.
5. Failing upon the purchasing or otherwise acquiring of a mobile home to obtain a manufacturer's or importer's certificate, a new certificate of title or a certificate of title duly assigned as provided in chapter 321.
6. Failing to apply for and obtain from a county treasurer a certificate of title for a used mobile home, titled in Iowa, acquired by the dealer within thirty days from the date of acquisition, as required under section 321.45, subsection 4.
In accordance with chapters 10A and 17A, each person whose license or application is revoked, suspended, or refused shall be provided an opportunity for a hearing before the department of inspections and appeals.
[C81, § 322B.6]
87 Acts, ch 130, § 6; 89 Acts, ch 273, § 7, 8; 98 Acts, ch 1126, §6-8; 99 Acts, ch 188, §16
Previous Section 322B.5
Next Section 322B.7
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001