There is created a state records commission. The commission shall consist of the following or their designees:
1. The secretary of state.
2. The director of the department of cultural affairs, who shall act as secretary of the commission.
3. The treasurer of state.
4. The director of revenue and finance.
5. The director of the department of management.
6. The state librarian.
7. The auditor of state.
8. The director of the department of general services.
9. The director of the information technology department.
The commission shall annually elect its chairperson. The commission shall determine what records have no administrative, legal, fiscal, research or historical value and should be disposed of or destroyed. The commission shall also establish a forms management program. The decisions of the commission shall be made by a majority vote of the entire membership.
[C75, 77, 79, 81, § 304.3; 82 Acts, ch 1238, § 20]
84 Acts, ch 1093, § 2; 88 Acts, ch 1158, §61, 62; 98 Acts, ch 1017, § 3; 2000 Acts, ch 1141, §14, 19
Referred to in § 304.2
Previous Section 304.2
Next Section 304.4
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001