The board of directors of a school district may certify for levy by April 15 of a school year, a tax on all taxable property in the school district for a district management levy. The revenue from the tax levied in this section shall be placed in the district management levy fund of the school district. The district management levy shall be expended only for the following purposes:
1. To pay the cost of unemployment benefits as provided in section 96.31.
2. To pay the costs of liability insurance and the costs of a judgment or settlement relating to liability together with interest accruing on the judgment or settlement to the expected date of payment.
3. To pay the costs of insurance agreements under section 296.7.
4. To pay the costs of a judgment under section 298.16.
5. To pay the cost of early retirement benefits to employees under section 279.46.
Unencumbered funds collected from the levies authorized in sections 96.31, 279.46, and 296.7 prior to July 1, 1991, may be expended for the purposes listed in subsections 1, 3, and 5.
89 Acts, ch 135, §109; 90 Acts, ch 1168, § 41; 92 Acts, ch 1187, § 10; 93 Acts, ch 1, §11; 94 Acts, ch 1029, §26, 27
Referred to in § 96.31, 257.19, 296.7, 298A.3, 670.10
Previous Section 298.3
Next Section 298.5
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001