In addition to revenue derived by tax levy, a board of directors of a merged area shall be authorized to receive and expend:
1. Federal funds made available and administered by the director of the department of education, for purposes provided by federal laws, rules, and regulations.
2. Other federal funds for such purposes as provided by federal law, subject to the approval of the director.
3. Tuition in accordance with section 260C.14, subsection 2.
4. State aid and supplemental state aid to be paid in accordance with the statutes which provide such aid.
5. State funds for sites and facilities made available and administered by the director.
6. Donations and gifts which may be accepted by the governing board and expended in accordance with the terms of the gift without compliance with the local budget law.
7. Student fees collected from students for activities, laboratory breakage, instructional materials, and other objects and purposes for which student fees other than tuition are customarily charged by colleges and universities, as provided in a schedule of fees adopted by the area board of directors. The expenditure of funds collected from students for activities shall be determined by the student government unit with administrative and board approval. Any increases in student fees for activities shall be determined by the student government unit with administrative and board approval.
[C66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 280A.18]
86 Acts, ch 1245, § 1469
C93, § 260C.18
96 Acts, ch 1215, §27
Referred to in § 260C.34, 260C.38
Previous Section 260C.17
Next Section 260C.18A
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001