The administrator shall have the power to:
1. Appoint such personnel as may be necessary for the efficient discharge of the duties imposed upon the administrator in the administration of emergency relief, and to make such rules and regulations as the administrator deems necessary or advisable covering the administrator's activities and those of the county cluster boards created under section 217.43, concerning emergency relief.
2. Join and co-operate with the government of the United States, or any of its appropriate agencies or instrumentalities, in any proper relief activity.
3. Make such reports of budget estimates to the governor and to the general assembly as are required by law, or are necessary and proper to obtain appropriations of funds necessary for relief purposes and for all the purposes of this chapter.
4. Determine the need for funds in the various counties of the state basing such determination upon the amount of money needed in the various counties to provide adequate relief, and upon the counties' financial inability to provide such relief from county funds. The administrator may administer said funds belonging to the state within the various counties of the state to supplement local funds as needed.
5. Make such reports, obtain and furnish such information from time to time as may be required by the governor, by the general assembly, or by any other proper office or agency, state or federal, and make an annual report of its activities.
[C39, § 3828.068; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, § 251.2; C71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 251.3]
93 Acts, ch 54, §6
Previous Section 251.2
Next Section 251.4
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001