1. A senior living trust fund is created in the state treasury under the authority of the department of human services. Moneys received through intergovernmental agreements for the senior living program and moneys received from sources, including grants, contributions, and participant payments, shall be deposited in the fund.
2. The department of human services, upon receipt of federal revenue on or after October 1, 1999, from public nursing facilities participating in the medical assistance program, shall deposit the federal revenue received in the trust fund, less a sum of five thousand dollars as an administration fee per participating public nursing facility.
3. Moneys deposited in the trust fund shall be used only for the purposes of the senior living program as specified in this chapter.
4. The trust fund shall be operated in accordance with the guidelines of the health care financing administration of the United States department of health and human services. The trust fund shall be separate from the general fund of the state and shall not be considered part of the general fund of the state. The moneys in the trust fund shall not be considered revenue of the state, but rather shall be funds of the senior living program. The moneys in the trust fund are not subject to section 8.33 and shall not be transferred, used, obligated, appropriated, or otherwise encumbered, except to provide for the purposes of this chapter. Notwithstanding section 12C.7, subsection 2, interest or earnings on moneys deposited in the trust fund shall be credited to the trust fund.
5. The department of human services shall adopt rules pursuant to chapter 17A to administer the trust fund and to establish procedures for participation by public nursing facilities in the intergovernmental transfer of funds to the senior living trust fund.
6. The treasurer of state shall provide a quarterly report of trust fund activities and balances to the senior living coordinating unit.
2000 Acts, ch 1004, §4, 22, 23; 2000 Acts, ch 1232, §88, 95
Referred to in § 231.58, 249H.5
Provisions which relate to receipt of federal funding are retroactively applicable to October 1, 1999; 2000 Acts, ch 1004, §22, 23; 2000 Acts, ch 1232, §88, 95
Previous Section 249H.3
Next Section 249H.5
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001