As used in this chapter:
1. "Administrator" means the administrator of that division of the department designated by the director of human services to administer this chapter or the administrator's designee.
2. "Agency" means a person, as defined in section 4.1, subsection 20, which provides child foster care and which does not meet the definition of an individual in subsection 7.
3. "Child" means child as defined in section 234.1, subsection 2.
4. "Child foster care" means the provision of parental nurturing, including but not limited to the furnishing of food, lodging, training, education, supervision, treatment or other care, to a child on a full-time basis by a person other than a relative or guardian of the child, but does not include:
a. Care furnished by an individual person who receives the child of a personal friend as an occasional and personal guest in the individual person's home, free of charge and not as a business.
b. Care furnished by an individual person with whom a child has been placed for lawful adoption, unless that adoption is not completed within two years after placement.
c. Care furnished by a private boarding school subject to approval by the state board of education pursuant to section 256.11.
d. Child care furnished by a child care center or a child care home as defined in section 237A.1.
e. Care furnished in a hospital licensed under chapter 135B or care furnished in a nursing facility licensed under chapter 135C.
5. "Department" means the department of human services.
6. "Facility" means the personnel, program, physical plant, and equipment of a licensee.
7. "Individual" means an individual person or a married couple who provides child foster care in a single-family home environment and which does not meet the definition of an agency in subsection 2.
8. "Licensee" means an individual or an agency licensed by the administrator under this chapter.
[C27, 31, 35, § 3661-a42, -a43; C39, § 3661.056, 3661.057; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, § 237.1, 237.2; C81, § 237.1; 82 Acts, ch 1016, § 1]
83 Acts, ch 96, § 157, 159; 86 Acts, ch 1245, § 1418; 87 Acts, ch 44, § 1; 90 Acts, ch 1039, § 14; 99 Acts, ch 192, §29
Referred to in § 16.1, 237.4, 237.13, 282.19, 422.45
Previous Section 236.20
Next Section 237.2
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001