1. There is created within the department a central registry for dependent adult abuse information. The department shall organize and staff the registry and adopt rules for its operation.
2. The registry shall collect, maintain, and disseminate dependent adult abuse information as provided in this chapter.
3. The department shall maintain a toll-free telephone line, which shall be available on a twenty-four-hour-a-day, seven-day-a-week basis and which the department and all other persons may use to report cases of suspected dependent adult abuse and that all persons authorized by this chapter may use for obtaining dependent adult abuse information.
4. An oral report of suspected dependent adult abuse initially made to the central registry shall be immediately transmitted by the department to the appropriate county department of human services or law enforcement agency, or both.
5. An oral report of suspected dependent adult abuse initially made to the central registry regarding a health care facility shall be transmitted by the department to the department of inspections and appeals on the first working day following the submitting of the report.
6. The registry, upon receipt of a report of suspected dependent adult abuse, shall search the records of the registry, and if the records of the registry reveal any previous report of dependent adult abuse involving the same adult or if the records reveal any other pertinent information with respect to the same adult, the appropriate office of the department of human services or the appropriate law enforcement agency shall be immediately notified of that fact.
7. The central registry shall include but not be limited to report data, investigation data, and disposition data.
91 Acts, ch 231, §5
Referred to in § 235B.4
Previous Section 235B.4
Next Section 235B.6
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001