The secretary may co-operate, receive grants-in-aid and enter into agreements with any agency of the federal government, of this state or its subdivisions, or with any agency of another state, or trade associations to obtain assistance in the implementation of this chapter and to do all of the following:
1. Secure uniformity of regulations.
2. Co-operate in the enforcement of the federal pesticide control laws through the use of state or federal personnel and facilities and to implement co-operative enforcement programs.
3. Contract for monitoring pesticides for the national plan.
4. Prepare and submit state plans to meet federal certification standards.
5. Regulate certified applicators.
6. Develop, in conjunction with the Iowa cooperative extension service in agriculture and home economics, courses available to the public regarding pesticide best management practices.
[C66, 71, 73, § 206.11; C75, 77, 79, 81, § 206.9]
87 Acts, ch 225, § 221
Previous Section 206.8
Next Section 206.10
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001