1. If it shall appear from the examination of any commercial fertilizer or soil conditioner or any anhydrous ammonia installation, equipment, or operation that any of the provisions of this chapter or the rules and regulations issued thereunder have been violated, the secretary shall cause notice of the violations to be given to the registrant, distributor, or possessor from whom said sample was taken; any person so notified shall be given opportunity to be heard under such rules and regulations as may be prescribed by the secretary. If it appears after such hearing, either in the presence or absence of the person so notified, that any of the provisions of this chapter or rules and regulations issued thereunder have been violated, the secretary may certify the facts to the proper prosecuting attorney.
2. A person violating this chapter or rules adopted by the secretary pursuant to this chapter shall be guilty of a simple misdemeanor. However, a person who tampers with, possesses, or transports anhydrous ammonia or anhydrous ammonia equipment commits a serious misdemeanor under section 124.401F.
3. Nothing in this chapter shall be construed as requiring the secretary or the secretary's representative to report for prosecution or for the institution of seizure proceedings minor violations of the chapter when the secretary believes that the public interest will be best served by a suitable notice of warning in writing.
4. It shall be the duty of each county attorney to whom any violation is reported, to cause appropriate proceedings to be instituted and prosecuted in a court of competent jurisdiction without delay.
5. The secretary is hereby authorized to apply for and the court to grant a temporary or permanent injunction restraining any person from violating or continuing to violate any of the provisions of this chapter or any rule or regulation promulgated under the chapter notwithstanding the existence of other remedies at law, said injunction to be issued without bond.
[C46, 50, 54, § 200.11, 200.14; C58, 62, § 200.19; C66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 200.18]
98 Acts, ch 1004, § 2, 3; 99 Acts, ch 12, §9
Referred to in § 331.756(39)
Previous Section 200.17
Next Section 200.19
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001