When used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Bid specification" means the standards or qualities which must be met before a contract to purchase will be awarded and any terms which the director has set as a condition precedent to the awarding of a contract.
2. "Competitive bidding procedure" means the advertisement for, solicitation of, or the procurement of bids; the manner and condition in which bids are received; and the procedure by which bids are opened, accessed, accepted, rejected, or awarded. A "competitive bidding procedure" may include a transaction accomplished in an electronic format.
3. "Department" means the department of general services.
4. "Director" means the director of the department of general services or the director's designee.
5. "Governmental subdivision" means a county, city, school district, or combination thereof.
6. "State agency" means an executive board, commission, bureau, division, office, or department of the state.
7. "State buildings and grounds" excludes any building under the custody and control of the Iowa public employees' retirement system.
[C73, § 19B.1; C75, 77, 79, 81, § 18.1]
83 Acts, ch 126, § 1; 98 Acts, ch 1164, § 2, 3
Previous Section 17A.33
Next Section 18.2
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001