As used in this chapter:
1. "Collection period" means a calendar year.
2. The term "commission" shall mean the Iowa dairy industry commission.
3. "First purchaser" means a person who buys milk from a producer and resells that milk or products made from the milk to another person.
4. "Nutrition education" means activities intended to broaden the understanding of sound nutritional principles including the role of milk in a balanced diet.
5. The term "person" shall mean individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts, associations, co-operatives, and any and all other business units.
6. "Producer" means a person who produces milk from cows and thereafter sells the same as milk.
7. "Promotion" means actions including but not limited to advertising, sales, promotion, and publicity to advance the image and sales of and demand for milk.
8. "Qualified financial institution" means a bank, credit union, or savings and loan as defined in section 12C.1.
9. "Research" means studies testing the effectiveness of market development and promotion efforts, studies relating to the nutritional value of milk and to product utilization, and other related efforts to expand demand for milk.
[C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 179.1]
85 Acts, ch 126, §1-4; 94 Acts, ch 1146, §1
Previous Section 178.5
Next Section 179.2
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001