As used in this section, unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
1. "Book", "list", "record", or "schedule" kept by a county auditor, assessor, treasurer, recorder, sheriff, or other county officer means the county system as defined in section 445.1.
2. "Clandestine laboratory site" means a location or operation, including but not limited to buildings or vehicles equipped with glassware, heating devices, and precursors or related reagents and solvents needed to unlawfully prepare or manufacture controlled substances defined in chapter 124.
3. "Cleanup" means actions necessary to contain, collect, control, identify, analyze, disassemble, treat, remove, or otherwise disperse all substances and materials, including but not limited to those found to be hazardous waste as defined in section 455B.411 and controlled substances defined in chapter 124, including contamination caused by those chemicals or substances.
4. "Commissioner" means the commissioner of public safety.
5. "Department" means the department of public safety.
6. "Hazardous substance" means any substance or mixture of substances that presents a danger to the public health or safety and includes, but is not limited to, a substance that is toxic, corrosive, or flammable, and other substances defined in rules adopted pursuant to section 455B.381 and controlled substances as defined in chapter 124.
7. "Person having control over a clandestine laboratory site" means a person who at any time possesses, produces, handles, stores, uses, transports, or disposes of a hazardous substance or controlled substance used or intended for use at a clandestine laboratory site. A person having control over a clandestine laboratory site does not include persons performing duties listed in section 124C.2 at the direction of the commissioner and does not include a person who is the owner of the property or a person holding a security interest in the property in or upon which the clandestine laboratory site is located unless the person knew that a clandestine laboratory existed in or upon the person's property.
93 Acts, ch 141, § 1; 2000 Acts, ch 1148, §1
Previous Section 124B.12
Next Section 124C.2
© 2001 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Mon Jan 22 17:13:42 CST 2001