1. A forestry management and enhancement fund is created in the state treasury under the control of the department's forests and forestry division created in section 455A.7. The fund is composed of moneys deposited into the fund pursuant to section 456A.20, moneys appropriated by the general assembly, and moneys available to and obtained or accepted by the division or the department from the United States or private sources for placement in the fund.
2. Moneys in the fund are subject to an annual audit by the auditor of state. The fund is subject to warrants written by the director of revenue and finance, drawn upon the written requisition of the division.
3. The fund shall be used exclusively to support the management and enhancement of forests, including woodlands or timber stands in this state, on private lands in cooperation with the owners of those lands. The department shall use moneys in the fund to support the following full-time equivalent positions in addition to those supported from the general fund of the state:
a. Four forestry technicians who shall serve regions of the state as designated by the division.
b. One professional forester who shall serve the southwest region of the state.
4. The commission may adopt rules pursuant to chapter 17A to administer this section.
5. Section 8.33 shall not apply to moneys in the fund. Notwithstanding section 12C.7, moneys earned as income, including as interest, from the fund shall remain in the fund until expended as provided in this section.
99 Acts, ch 206, §26
Referred to in §456A.20
Legislative findings; 99 Acts, ch 206, §24
Previous Section 456A.20
Next Section 456A.22
© 2000 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Wed Aug 16 21:03:56 CDT 2000