The board shall:
1. Keep record books as follows:
a. A "minute book" which records all orders and decisions other than those relating to drainage districts. The minute book or a separate index book must contain an alphabetical index by subject matter categories of the proceedings shown by the minutes.
b. A "warrant book" which records each warrant drawn in the order of issuance by number, date, amount, and name of drawee, and refers to the order in the minute book authorizing its drawing.
c. A "claim register" which records all claims for money filed against the county. Claims shall be numbered consecutively in order of filing and entered alphabetically by the claimant's name. The claim register shall show the date of filing, the number of the claim and its general nature, and the action of the board on the claim including the fund against which it is allowed if it is allowed. The claims allowed at each meeting shall be listed in the minute book by claim number.
2. Maintain its records in accordance with chapter 22.
3. Act upon applications for cigarette tax permits in accordance with chapter 453A.
4. Act upon applications for liquor control licenses and retail beer permits in accordance with section 123.32.
5. Proceed upon a petition to establish an official county fair and pay tax funds to it in accordance with section 174.10.
6. Select official newspapers and cause official publications to be made in accordance with chapters 349 and 618.
7. Adopt rules relating to the labor of prisoners in the county jail in accordance with sections 356.16 to 356.19, and may establish the cost of board and provide for the transportation of certain prisoners in accordance with section 356.30.
8. Divide the county into townships, and proceed upon a petition to divide, dissolve or change the name of a township in accordance with chapter 359.
9. Approve the written investment policy for the county required under section 12B.10B.
10. Cause on-site inspections of pipeline construction projects as required in section 479.29, subsection 2, and the board may petition for rules as provided in that section.
11. Defend, save harmless, and indemnify its officers, employees, and agents against tort claims, and may settle the claims, in accordance with sections 670.8 and 670.9.
12. Perform other duties as required by law.
[R60, § 318; C73, § 308; C97, § 442; C24, 27, 31, 35, 39, § 5122, 5123; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 331.19, 331.20; S81, § 331.303; 81 Acts, ch 117, § 302; 82 Acts, ch 1104, § 33]
83 Acts, ch 186, § 10069, 10201; 92 Acts, ch 1156, § 13; 99 Acts, ch 204, §35
Referred to in § 331.504
Previous Section 331.302
Next Section 331.304
© 2000 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Wed Aug 16 21:03:56 CDT 2000