An adoption petition shall be signed and verified by the petitioner, shall be filed with the court designated in section 600.3, and shall state:
1. The name, as it appears on the birth certificate or in a verified birth record or as it appears as a result of marriage, and the residence or domicile of the person to be adopted.
2. The date and place of birth of the person to be adopted.
3. Any new name requested to be given the person to be adopted.
4. The name, residence, and domicile of any guardian or custodian of the person to be adopted and the name, residence, and domicile of that person's guardian ad litem if one is appointed for the adoption proceedings.
5. The name, residence, and domicile of the petitioner, if this is not required to be stated under subsection 4 of this section, and the date or expected date on which the person to be adopted, if a minor, began or will begin living with the petitioner.
6. The name, residence, and domicile of any parent of the person to be adopted.
7. A designation of the particular provision in section 600.4 under which the petitioner is qualified to adopt and, if under section 600.4, subsection 3, paragraph "c", a request that the court approve the petitioner's qualification to adopt.
8. A description and estimate of the value of any property owned by or held for the person to be adopted.
9. A description of the facilities and resources, including those provided under a subsidy agreement pursuant to sections 600.17 to 600.22, that the petitioner is willing and able to supply for the nurture and care of any minor person to be adopted.
10. When and where termination of parental rights pertaining to the person to be adopted has occurred, if termination was required under section 600.3.
[R60, § 2600; C73, § 2307; C97, § 3250; C24, § 10496; C27, 31, 35, § 10501-b1; C39, § 10501.1; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, § 600.1; C77, 79, 81, § 600.5]
Referred to in § 600.3, 600.4, 600.8
Previous Section 600.4
Next Section 600.6
© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999