1. A document is filed when it is received by the administrator, except that documents required to be filed under sections 502.202 and 502.203 shall be deemed to be filed with the administrator:
a. On the date received by the administrator.
b. If it has not been received by the administrator prior to the date by which the document must be filed, on the date the document is mailed with the United States postal service by registered or certified mail addressed to the administrator's office in Des Moines, Iowa.
2. The administrator shall keep a register of all applications for registration, notice filings, and registration statements which are or have been effective under this chapter and predecessor laws, and all censure, denial, suspension, or revocation orders which have been entered under this chapter and predecessor laws. All records may be maintained in an electronic or microfilm format or any other form of data storage. The register shall be open for public inspection.
3. The information contained in or filed with any registration statement, application, notice filing, or report may be made available to the public under such rules as the administrator prescribes.
4. Upon request and at such reasonable charges as may be prescribed, the administrator shall furnish to any person photostatic or other copies, certified if requested, of any entry in the register or any document which is a matter of public record. In any proceeding or prosecution under this chapter, any copy so certified is prima facie evidence of the contents of the entry or document certified.
5. The administrator may honor requests from interested persons for interpretative opinions.
[C31, 35, § 8581-c11, -c26; C39, § 8581.11, 8581.31; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, § 502.11, 502.31; C77, 79, 81, § 502.608]
83 Acts, ch 169, § 17; 97 Acts, ch 114, §17; 98 Acts, ch 1106, §21, 24
Previous Section 502.607
Next Section 502.609
© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999