412.4  Payments and investments.

The council, board of waterworks trustees, or other board or commission, whichever is authorized by law to manage and operate any such waterworks, or other municipally owned and operated public utility, shall have the right and power to contract with any legal reserve insurance company, authorized to conduct its business in the state, or any bank located in Iowa having trust powers for the investment of funds contributed to an annuity or pension system, for the payment of the pensions or annuities provided in such pension or annuity retirement system, and may pay the premiums or make the contribution of such contract out of the fund provided in section 412.2. Funds contributed to a bank pursuant to such a contract shall be invested in the manner prescribed in section 633.123 or 633.123A, and may be commingled with and invested as a part of a common or master fund managed for the benefit of more than one public utility.

Section History: Early form

  [C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 412.4]

Section History: Recent form

  96 Acts, ch 1008, §1

Previous Section 412.3

Next Section 412.5

Return To Home index

© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa

Comments about this site or page? webmaster@legis.iowa.gov.
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.

Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999
URL: /DOCS/IACODE/1999/412/4.html