Subject to section 368.17, the committee shall approve any proposal which it finds to be in the public interest. A committee shall base its finding upon all relevant information before the committee, including but not limited to the following:
1. Statements in the petition or plan, and evidence supporting those statements.
2. Recommendations of the regional planning authority for the area.
3. Commercial and industrial development.
4. Potential growth in population.
5. Cost and adequacy of existing services and facilities.
6. Potential effect of the proposal and of possible alternative proposals on the cost and adequacy of services and facilities.
7. Potential effect of the proposal on adjacent areas, and on any unit of government directly affected, including but not limited to the potential effect on future revenues of any such unit of government.
[C75, 77, 79, 81, § 368.16]
Referred to in § 368.3, 368.20, 524.1202
Previous Section 368.15
Next Section 368.17
© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999