As used in this chapter unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Agricultural area" means an area meeting the qualifications of section 352.6 and designated under section 352.7.
2. "County board" means the county board of supervisors.
3. "County commission" means the county land preservation and use commission.
4. "Farm" means the land, buildings, and machinery used in the commercial production of farm products.
5. "Farmland" means those parcels of land suitable for the production of farm products.
6. "Farm operation" means a condition or activity which occurs on a farm in connection with the production of farm products and includes but is not limited to the raising, harvesting, drying, or storage of crops; the care or feeding of livestock; the handling or transportation of crops or livestock; the treatment or disposal of wastes resulting from livestock; the marketing of products at roadside stands or farm markets; the creation of noise, odor, dust, or fumes; the operation of machinery and irrigation pumps; ground and aerial seeding and spraying; the application of chemical fertilizers, conditioners, insecticides, pesticides, and herbicides; and the employment and use of labor.
7. "Farm products" means those plants and animals and their products which are useful to people and includes but is not limited to forages and sod crops, grains and feed crops, dairy and dairy products, poultry and poultry products, livestock, fruits, vegetables, flowers, seeds, grasses, trees, fish, honey, and other similar products, or any other plant, animal, or plant or animal product which supplies people with food, feed, fiber, or fur.
8. "Livestock" means the same as defined in section 267.1.
9. "Nuisance" means a public or private nuisance as defined either by statute, administrative rule, ordinance, or the common law.
10. "Nuisance action or proceeding" means an action, claim, or proceeding, whether brought at law, in equity, or as an administrative proceeding, which is based on nuisance.
[C79, 81, § 93A.2; 82 Acts, ch 1245, § 3]
C87, § 176B.2
C93, § 352.2
93 Acts, ch 146, § 1, 2
Referred to in § 321.449, 480.9
Previous Section 352.1
Next Section 352.3
© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999