321A.12  Courts to report nonpayment of judgments.

1.  Whenever any person fails within sixty days to satisfy any judgment, it shall be the duty of the clerk of the court, or of the judge of a court which has no clerk, in which any such judgment is rendered within this state, to forward to the department immediately after the expiration of said sixty days, a certified copy of such judgment.

2.  If the defendant named in any certified copy of a judgment reported to the department is a nonresident, the department shall transmit a certified copy of the judgment to the official in charge of the issuance of licenses and registration certificates of the state of which the defendant is a resident.

Section History: Early form

  [C50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 321A.12]

Section History: Recent form

  92 Acts, ch 1175, § 43

Internal References

  Referred to in § 321A.13, 602.8102(53)

Previous Section 321A.11

Next Section 321A.13

Return To Home index

© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa

Comments about this site or page? webmaster@legis.iowa.gov.
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.

Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999
URL: /DOCS/IACODE/1999/321A/12.html