It is unlawful for a person, except a person operating highway maintenance equipment or an authorized emergency vehicle, to do any of the following on a fully controlled-access facility:
1. Drive a vehicle over, upon, or across a curb, central dividing section, or other separation or dividing line.
2. Make a left turn or a semicircular or U-turn at a maintenance cross-over where an official sign prohibits the turn.
3. Drive a vehicle except in the proper lane provided for that purpose and in the proper direction and to the right of the central dividing curb, separation, section, or line.
4. Drive a vehicle into the facility from a local service road.
5. Stop, park, or leave standing a vehicle, whether attended or unattended, upon the paved portion.
6. Stop, park, or leave standing a vehicle, whether attended or unattended, upon the shoulders, or the right of way except at designated rest areas or in case of an emergency or other dire necessity.
For the purpose of this section, fully controlled-access facility is a highway which gives preference to through traffic by providing access connections at interchanges with selected public roads only and by prohibiting crossings at grade or direct access at driveway connections.
Violations of this section are punishable as provided in section 321.482.
[C58, 62, § 306A.9; C66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 321.366]
84 Acts, ch 1022, § 8; 84 Acts, ch 1219, § 27
Referred to in § 321.210, 805.8(2h)
Previous Section 321.365
Next Section 321.367
© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999