A person operating a motor vehicle shall have the vehicle under control at all times and shall reduce the speed to a reasonable and proper rate:
1. When approaching and passing a person walking in the traveled portion of the public highway.
2. When approaching and passing an animal which is being led, ridden, or driven upon a public highway.
3. When approaching and traversing a crossing or intersection of public highways, or a bridge, sharp turn, curve, or steep descent, in a public highway.
4. When approaching and passing an emergency warning device displayed in accordance with rules adopted under section 321.449, or an emergency vehicle displaying a revolving or flashing light.
5. When approaching and passing a slow moving vehicle displaying a reflective device as provided by section 321.383.
6. When approaching and passing through a sign posted road work zone upon the public highway.
[S13, § 1571-m18; C24, 27, 31, 35, § 5031; C39, § 5023.04; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 321.288]
85 Acts, ch 167, §2; 87 Acts, ch 170, §7; 89 Acts, ch 296, §33; 97 Acts, ch 104, §20
Referred to in § 321.285, 805.8(2i)
Previous Section 321.287
Next Section 321.289
© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999