As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Agency" means any executive department, office, commission, board or other unit of state government except as otherwise provided by law.
2. "Commission" means the state records commission created by this chapter.
3. "Designee" means a person or position appointed by the head of an agency listed in section 304.3 for a period of at least two years to regularly represent that agency in the activities of the commission.
4. "Form" means a document containing information, printed or reproduced by whatever means, with blank areas for the entry of additional information.
5. "Forms management" means a comprehensive control program which is designed and implemented to provide standards for the analysis, creation, design, procurement and storage of all forms in state government, and to assure that those forms are designed, produced and distributed economically and efficiently.
6. "Record" means a document, book, paper, photograph, sound recording or other material, regardless of physical form or characteristics, made, produced, executed or received pursuant to law in connection with the transaction of official business of state government. "Record" does not include library and museum material made or acquired and preserved solely for reference or exhibition purposes, miscellaneous papers or correspondence without official significance, extra copies of documents preserved only for convenience of reference, and stocks of publications and processed documents.
7. "Records management" means a program designed to provide economy and efficiency in the creation, organization, maintenance, use and disposition of records to assure that needless records will not be created or retained and to assure that valuable records will be preserved.
[C75, 77, 79, 81, § 304.2]
84 Acts, ch 1093, § 1
Previous Section 304.1
Next Section 304.3
© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999