The board shall determine whether an applicant is qualified to perform the duties for which a license is sought. Applicants shall be disqualified for any of the following reasons:
1. The applicant is less than twenty-one years of age. However, a student enrolled in a practitioner preparation program who meets board requirements for a temporary, limited- purpose license who is seeking to teach as part of a practicum or internship may be less than twenty-one years of age.
2. The applicant has been convicted of child abuse or sexual abuse of a child.
3. The applicant has been convicted of a felony.
4. The applicant's application is fraudulent.
5. The applicant's license or certification from another state is suspended or revoked.
6. The applicant fails to meet board standards for application for an initial or renewed license.
Qualifications or criteria for the granting or revocation of a license or the determination of an individual's professional standing shall not include membership or nonmembership in any teachers' organization.
[C97, § 2630; S13, § 2630-b; C24, 27, 31, § 3865; C35, § 3872-e2; C39, § 3872.02; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 260.6]
86 Acts, ch 1245, § 1444; 87 Acts, ch 224, § 33; 89 Acts, ch 265, § 6
C93, § 272.6
Previous Section 272.5
Next Section 272.7
© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999