As a basis for registration, schools shall provide the secretary with the following information:
1. The name or title of the school.
2. The principal location of the school in this state, in other states, and in foreign countries, and the location of the place or places in this state, in other states, and in foreign countries where instruction is likely to be given.
3. A schedule of tuition charges, fees, and other costs payable to the school by a student.
4. The refund policy of the school for the return of refundable portions of tuition, fees, or other charges.
5. The degrees granted by the school.
6. The names and addresses of the principal owners of the school or the officers and members of the legal governing body of the school.
7. The name and address of the chief executive officer of the school.
8. A copy of or a description of the means by which the school intends to comply with section 261B.9.
9. Whether the school is accredited by any accrediting agency recognized by the United States department of education or a successor agency and, if so, the name of the accreditation body and the status under which accreditation is held.
10. The name, address, and telephone number of a contact person in this state.
11. The names or titles and a description of the courses and degrees to be offered.
12. A description of procedures for the preservation of student records.
13. The academic and instructional methodologies and delivery systems to be used by the school and the extent to which the school anticipates each methodology and delivery system will be used, including, but not limited to, classroom instruction, correspondence, electronic telecommunications, independent study, and portfolio experience evaluation.
84 Acts, ch 1098, § 4; 96 Acts, ch 1158, § 9, 10
Referred to in § 261B.5, 261B.6
Previous Section 261B.3A
Next Section 261B.5
© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999