1. There is appropriated from the general fund of the state to the commission for each fiscal year the sum of forty-four million six hundred sixty-four thousand seven hundred fifty dollars for tuition grants.
2. There is appropriated from the general fund of the state to the commission for each fiscal year the sum of four hundred seventy-four thousand eight hundred dollars for scholarships.
3. There is appropriated from the general fund of the state to the commission for each fiscal year the sum of two million two hundred forty-four thousand one hundred ninety-seven dollars for vocational- technical tuition grants.
4. There is appropriated from the general fund of the state to the commission for each fiscal year the sum of ninety thousand dollars for the industrial technology forgivable loan program established in section 261.111.
5. This section shall not be construed to be a limitation on any of the amounts which may be appropriated by the general assembly for any program enumerated in this section.
6. For the fiscal year beginning July 1, 1989, and in succeeding years, the institutions of higher education that enroll recipients of Iowa tuition grants shall transmit to the Iowa college student aid commission information about the numbers of minority students enrolled and minority faculty members employed at the institution, and existing or proposed plans for the recruitment and retention of minority students and faculty as well as existing or proposed plans to serve nontraditional students. The Iowa college student aid commission shall compile and report the enrollment and employment information and plans to the chairpersons and ranking members of the house and senate education committees, members of the joint education appropriations subcommittee, the governor, and the legislative fiscal bureau by December 15 of each year.
[C77, 79, 81, § 261.25]
83 Acts, ch 197, § 15; 85 Acts, ch 263, § 17; 87 Acts, ch 233, § 458; 88 Acts, ch 1003, § 2; 88 Acts, ch 1284, § 13, 28; 89 Acts, ch 319, § 47, 48; 90 Acts, ch 1253, § 122; 90 Acts, ch 1272, § 54; 91 Acts, ch 180, §3; 91 Acts, ch 260, §908; 91 Acts, ch 267, §218; 92 Acts, ch 1246, §30; 93 Acts, ch 179, § 21; 94 Acts, ch 1193, §19, 20; 95 Acts, ch 218, § 22; 96 Acts, ch 1215, § 38; 97 Acts, ch 212, §27; 98 Acts, ch 1215, §37, 38
Referred to in §261.17, 261.20
Previous Section 261.24
Next Section 261.26
© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999