The board shall:
1. Develop and coordinate the implementation of a twenty- year comprehensive economic development plan of specific goals, objectives, and policies for the state. This plan shall be updated annually and revised as necessary. All other state agencies involved in economic development activities shall annually submit to the board for its review and potential inclusion in the plan their goals, objectives, and policies.
2. Prepare a five-year strategic plan for state economic growth to implement the specific comprehensive goals, objectives, and policies of the state. All other state agencies involved in economic development activities shall annually submit to the board for its review and potential inclusion in the strategic plan their specific strategic plans and programs. The five-year strategic plan for state economic growth shall be updated annually.
3. Develop a method of evaluation of the attainment of goals and objectives from pursuing the policies of the five- year and twenty-year plans.
4. Implement the requirements of chapter 73.
5. Approve the budget of the department as prepared by the director.
6. Establish guidelines, procedures, and policies for the awarding of grants or contracts administered by the department.
7. Review grants or contracts awarded by the department, with respect to the department's adherence to the guidelines and procedures and the impact on the five-year strategic plan for economic growth.
8. Adopt all necessary rules recommended by the director or administrators of divisions prior to their adoption pursuant to chapter 17A.
86 Acts, ch 1245, § 804; 86 Acts, ch 1238 § 43; 87 Acts, ch 17, § 2
Referred to in § 7E.5, 15.106
Previous Section 15.103
Next Section 15.105
© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999