As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Department" means the Iowa department of public health.
2. "Exposure-prone procedure" means a procedure performed by a health care provider which presents a recognized risk of percutaneous injury to the health care provider and if such an injury occurs, the health care provider's blood is likely to contact a patient's body cavity, subcutaneous tissues, or mucous membranes, or "exposure-prone procedure" as defined subsequently by the centers for disease control of the United States department of health and human services.
3. "HBV" means hepatitis B virus.
4. "Health care facility" means a health care facility as defined in section 135C.1, an ambulatory surgical center, or a clinic.
5. "Health care provider" means a person licensed to practice medicine and surgery, osteopathic medicine and surgery, osteopathy, chiropractic, podiatry, nursing, dentistry, optometry, or as a physician assistant, dental hygienist, or acupuncturist.
6. "HIV" means HIV as defined in section 141.21.
7. "Hospital" means hospital as defined in section 135B.1.
92 Acts, ch 1145, § 1; 93 Acts, ch 86, § 11
Previous Section 139B.1
Next Section 139C.2
© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999