The program by a local board of health or city receiving matching funding for an approved lead abatement grant program shall include:
1. A public education program about lead poisoning and dangers of lead poisoning to children.
2. An effective outreach effort to ensure availability of services in the predicted geographic area.
3. A screening program for children, with emphasis on children less than five years of age.
4. Access to laboratory services for lead analysis.
5. A program of referral of identified children for assessment and treatment.
6. An environmental assessment of suspect dwelling units.
7. Abatement surveillance to ensure correction of the identified hazardous settings.
8. A plan of intent to continue the program on a maintenance basis after the grant is discontinued.
87 Acts, ch 55, § 5
Previous Section 135.103
Next Section 135.105
© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999