The administrator shall coordinate the division's conduct of various inspections as otherwise provided for by law including but not limited to the following:
1. Inspections of land situated outside of the state which is proposed for sale within the state.
2. Inspections of food establishments, including restaurants, hotels, food and beverage vending machines, state educational, charitable, correctional, and penal institutions, and sanitation inspections in any locality of the state upon the written petition of five or more residents of a particular locality.
3. Inspections and other licensing procedures relative to the hospice program, hospitals, and health care facilities. The division shall be the sole designated licensing authority for these programs and facilities.
4. Inspections relative to hospital and health care facility construction projects and licensing boards established within the department of public health, except the board of medical examiners, the board of pharmacy examiners, the board of dental examiners, and the board of nursing.
5. Inspections of child foster care facilities and private institutions for the care of dependent, neglected, and delinquent children.
86 Acts, ch 1245, § 514
Referred to in § 10A.106
Previous Section 10A.501
Next Section 10A.601
© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999