The administrator shall coordinate the division's conduct of various investigations as otherwise provided for by law including but not limited to the following:
1. Investigations relative to the practice of regulated professions and occupations, except those within the jurisdiction of the board of medical examiners, the board of pharmacy examiners, the board of dental examiners, and the board of nursing.
2. Investigations relative to proposed sales within the state of subdivided land situated outside of the state.
3. Investigations relative to applications for beer and liquor licenses.
4. Investigations relative to the standards and practices of hospitals, hospices, and health care facilities.
5. Investigations and collections relative to the liquidation of overpayment debts owed to the department of human services. Collection methods include but are not limited to small claims filings, debt setoff, distress warrants, and repayment agreements, and are subject to approval by the department of human services.
6. Investigations relative to the operations of the department of elder affairs.
7. Investigations relative to the administration of the state supplemental assistance program, the state medical assistance program, the food stamp program, the family investment program, and any other state or federal benefit assistance program.
8. Investigations relative to the internal affairs and operations of agencies and departments within the executive branch of state government, except for institutions governed by the state board of regents.
86 Acts, ch 1245, § 512; 90 Acts, ch 1204, § 1; 91 Acts, ch 107, §1; 93 Acts, ch 53, §2; 93 Acts, ch 97, §23
Referred to in § 10A.106
Previous Section 10A.401
Next Section 10A.501
© 1999 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Thu Mar 18 15:00:31 CST 1999