A permit shall be issued by the commissioner before construction on a new installation is begun. The division shall issue a permit for relocation or installation, as applicable, if the plans and specifications indicate compliance with applicable rules.
If such plans and specifications indicate a failure of compliance with applicable rules, the division shall give notice of necessary changes to the person filing the application. After such changes have been made and approved, the division shall issue a permit.
Plans shall be submitted in triplicate and shall be accompanied by an application for the permit on a form to be furnished by the commissioner. The plans shall include:
1. Sectional plan of car and hoistway.
2. Sectional plan of machine room.
3. Sectional elevation of hoistway and machine room, including the pit, bottom and top clearance of car, and counterweight.
4. Size and weight of guide rails, and guide rail bracket spacing.
5. Other information which the division may require.
[C75, 77, 79, 81, § 104.8]
C87, § 89A.8
© 1997 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Last update: Mon Jan 27 16:05:08 CST 1997