1. "Antique slot machine" means a slot machine which is twenty-five years old or older.
2. "Antique pinball machine" means a pinball machine which is twenty-five years old or older.
3. "Gambling device" means a device used or adapted or designed to be used for gambling and includes, but is not limited to, roulette wheels, klondike tables, punchboards, faro layouts, keno layouts, numbers tickets, slot machines, pinball machines, push cards, jar tickets and pull-tabs. However, "gambling device" does not include an antique slot machine, antique pinball machine, or any device regularly manufactured and offered for sale and sold as a toy, except that any use of such a toy, antique slot machine or antique pinball machine for gambling purposes constitutes unlawful gambling.
4. A person who, in any manner or for any purpose, except under a proceeding to destroy the device, has in possession or control a gambling device is guilty of a serious misdemeanor.
5. This chapter does not prohibit the possession of gambling devices by a manufacturer or distributor if the possession is solely for sale out of the state in another jurisdiction where possession of the device is legal or for sale in the state or use in the state if the use is licensed pursuant to either chapter 99B or chapter 99E.
[S13, § 4965-a; C24, 27, 31, 35, 39, § 13210; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, § 726.5; C79, 81, § 725.9]
85 Acts, ch 32, §118; 86 Acts, ch 1052, § 3; 90 Acts, ch 1062, § 2
Referred to in § 99A.1, 99B.18, 725.15
See chapter 99A
© 1997 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Last update: Mon Jan 27 16:05:08 CST 1997