No person shall be issued a professional or nonprofessional permit to carry weapons unless:
1. The person is eighteen years of age or older.
2. The person has never been convicted of a felony.
3. The person is not addicted to the use of alcohol or any controlled substance.
4. The person has no history of repeated acts of violence.
5. The issuing officer reasonably determines that the applicant does not constitute a danger to any person.
6. The person has never been convicted of any crime defined in chapter 708, except "assault" as defined in section 708.1 and "harassment" as defined in section 708.7.
[C79, 81, § 724.8]
Referred to in § 80A.13, 724.11, 724.13, 724.25, 724.27
Exception to subsection 2; see §724.27
© 1997 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Last update: Mon Jan 27 16:05:08 CST 1997